Monday, June 8, 2015

EVALUATION OF MY NEW METHOD AND WAY OF JOURNALING

06-07-2015d Personal Journaling, Sunday, 1038 a.m.

EVALUATION OF MY NEW METHOD AND WAY OF JOURNALING

I figured it's time for me to stop and evaluate my new way of journaling. I started it with full-time use on Wednesday, June 03, 2015.
My new method and way of journaling is by doing my entries in a document. I then email the document a couple of times per day to myself and save it on my laptop and tablet, along with the Cloud. I will also save it to my external hard drive once a week or so.
Is it overkill to do all of these saves? Probably.  However, with all of the problems I've had between movers losing ten years of my journaling, and irreconcilable differences with an online journal, I do not think it is. I want to keep all of my journaling for the rest of my life and pass it on, this journal keeping legacy. So, saving my journaling in multiple ways, throughout the day, brings me a piece of mind I wouldn't have otherwise. And, it ensures I do not lose my journaling.
So, what do I think of this way of journaling?
I'm loving it. I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever.
I cannot help but feel foolish as to why I haven't done it like this until now.
I do not need the internet in order to journal or see my past journals. I have all of my journaling saved so I can view it at any or all times on my laptop, tablet, and cell.
It's easy to search and find information.
However, the biggest benefit of the way I am journaling now is how I can email my journal to my tablet and the tablet will automatically then put it into e-book form for me. I can then highlight things and add notes to it. Then, I can print that out, email it, and save it multiple ways in multiple places.
So, on a scale of 1 to 10. I give it at least a 12 so far.
I use a word processing program that is free, so this way of journaling costs me nothing financially either. This is another benefit. (Woo-hoo!)
I cannot recommend it enough.
~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment