Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day 1 of 10 Daily Prayers: A Prays 247365 Book of Prayer

WELCOME
Lord, help us to listen far more than we speak, as we pray and as we do this thing called life. Help us to continually think, live, and pray this verse:
John 3:30 Expanded Bible (EXB)
30 He must ·become greater [increase], and I must ·become less important [decrease].
-- Expanded Bible (EXB). The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.
You and Your Word alone matter. Help us remember this with every breath.
Well, this is it. Teach us to pray, Lord. Teach us how to pray and what to pray, and even when, God.

EACH DAY HAS SEVERAL PAGES OF PRAYERS
Each day has several pages of prayers. It might be intimidating. I know it was for me as I thought about writing the prayers, as I wrote them, and as I read them later. However, when we put it into proper context of how we are to pray all the time according to the Bible, and the Word of God, then, we could use several more pages so we can do precisely that and pray 247365. The intent is to help us pray for everyone and everything--all the time.
Just think. If you were to use the 10 Daily Prayers how much this would revolutionize your prayer life, and those around you. And, it made gut even start a prayer revival in this country and in the world.
Each day is meant to be a guide. Prayerfully read through all of the material and then do the suggestions as follows in this blog post.

INSTRUCTIONS
How do you do, and use, the 10 Daily Prayers if you work or raise a family? Or, if you are busy? Or, how about just in general?
The answer to this is, frankly, trial and error, and then change. Experiment and see what works. Then, once you find something that works, keep doing it until it stops working as well, then change things up. Continually seek to make the 10 Daily Prayers work to their maximum in your life.
Ideally, you will carry each day with you as you go and refer to it at every opportunity. However, you don't want to get fired from your job. So, I recommend the same as I just said, with a couple of ideas as well.
-- Print off, or copy, the template at the end of the Welcome blog post, the list of the 10 Daily Prayers and their corresponding 9 Prayer Points. Carry this around with you in your back pocket or on your cell phone. Never stop carrying it around. It is a reminder to pray and what to pray each day.
-- Read and pray through all the day's prayers first thing in the morning.
-- Pray your own prayers, and prayers you remember from your reading, in-between the readings, even as you work and converse with others.
-- Do it again on every break and at lunch.
-- Pray your own prayers, and prayers you remember from your reading, in-between the readings, even as you work and converse with others.
-- Do it again when you get home. If you know you will get sidetracked when you walk in your home read them in your car when you park. Or, read them before you go inside to pick up your kids.
-- Pray your own prayers, and prayers you remember from your reading, in-between the readings, even as you work and converse with others.
-- Read and pray them again in the middle of your evening.
-- Pray your own prayers, and prayers you remember from your reading, in-between the readings, even as you work and converse with others.
-- Do it again when you go to bed.
-- Pray your own prayers, and prayers you remember from your reading, in-between the readings, as you roll over in bed.
The 10 Daily Prayers are meant to be timeless, where you can keep reading them again and again and still get a great deal out of them in the years and decades to come.

EXPLANATIONS
Each day, five days a week, I will include a prayer for each of the 10 Daily Prayers. I will also include a Bible verse. Sometimes, I will use the same verse in multiple prayers throughout the 10 Daily Prayers, but in different versions or translations. After all, each version or translation brings out something new and a different aspect to think on and pray about. Pray each verse and think on it, bit you may want to add to the prayer material; therefore, feel free to look up your own verses as well, or look at another day's verses if you would prefer.
Some days and with some prayers,  I may go a little crazy with adding several verses to pray. Today, under the first dimension and first of the daily prayers is proof of that. However, I think they are important verses to pray each day, if not every two to three days at least in my own life. I know I sure can, and do, use them in my life, that is for sure.

PRAYER JOURNALING
I call prayer journaling any journaling I do in which I have God as my intended audience. My prayer journaling is when I write my thoughts, experiences, musings, ideas, frustrations, ponderings about His Word, my prayers, and just about everything else I can put on the page. It is how include God in on my life, and is how I listen to Him. It is my record of who He is and what He has done. It is how I remember. I will would forget most everything otherwise. It is how I interact with His Word and my Bible studies and daily devotionals.
But mostly, my prayer journaling is one concrete way I Pray 247365... 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
I cannot recommend it enough. It will help you in your prayer journey as you embark on this special journey of 10 Daily Prayers and Prays 247365.

PERSONAL PRONOUNS
I am going to use the personal pronouns of I and me and the possessives of my and mine in these prayers. It is to make them personal to me as I pray and personal for you as well. Make the I, me, my, and mine you as you pray them. Make these prayers your prayers.
Shall we pray?

AN OPENING PRAYER
Lord, teach me to pray and help me to learn how to pray all day and night long. I want to bring You glory and honor and praise--and I want to know You and Your Word more.

10 Daily Prayers

1 Self
Luke 11:1-10 New Living Translation (NLT)
11 Once Jesus was in a certain place praying. As he finished, one of his disciples came to him and said, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”
2 Jesus said, “This is how you should pray:
“Father, may your name be kept holy.
    May your Kingdom come soon.
3 Give us each day the food we need,
4 and forgive us our sins,
    as we forgive those who sin against us.
And don’t let us yield to temptation.”
5 Then, teaching them more about prayer, he used this story: “Suppose you went to a friend’s house at midnight, wanting to borrow three loaves of bread. You say to him, 6 ‘A friend of mine has just arrived for a visit, and I have nothing for him to eat.’ 7 And suppose he calls out from his bedroom, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is locked for the night, and my family and I are all in bed. I can’t help you.’ 8 But I tell you this—though he won’t do it for friendship’s sake, if you keep knocking long enough, he will get up and give you whatever you need because of your shameless persistence.
9 “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
-- New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Lord, I am not sure what to say beyond this. I will read this and pray over it several times as I use the next ninety minutes to pray about my life and where I am, and how I am, today.
Psalm 19:14 Expanded Bible (EXB)
14 ·I hope my ·words [The words of my mouth] and ·thoughts [meditations of my heart] ·please [be before] you.
Lord, you are my Rock, ·the one who saves me [and my redeemer].
-- Expanded Bible (EXB). The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.
Amen! I know how, unfortunately, more often than not my thoughts and words are not what they should be. I have the wrong priorities at times, even though I know what the right ones are. I tend to be too busy at times and get sidetracked as well. Lord, help me to focus on You and Your Word alone. Help me to pray 247365. Help me to pray the things You want me to, and help me not to miss your guidance is this area. I just want to please You and want my prayers to count and make a difference.
James 1:5 New King James Version (NKJV)
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
-- New King James Version (NKJV). Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Lord, the truth of the matter is I do not know how to pray powerful, mountain moving prayers that make a difference, never mind how to pray 247365. Help me to do so. I need Your wisdom in this area. Please give it to me as You promise me in Your Word.
There are so many current events in the USA and in the world that must be bathed in prayer as our country seeks idols and anything and any one that isn't You of of Your will--the Church and Christians included. Help me know what to pray. Give me the wisdom on how and what to pray prayers that change me, the USA, the Church, and the world.
Help me to pray Your will alone, not my biased opinions.
Help me to pray only the prayers You want me to pray, Lord. Give me wisdom.
Philippians 4:6-8 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
6 Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable—if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise—dwell on these things.
-- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.
Oh, Lord, how I have missed the mark. I have not offered You prayer AND thanksgiving both in my prayers today and up to this point. Forgive me. I also haven't focused on Philippians 4:8 and focused on those things. How do I do both given all of the news and current events, let alone in my personal life? Give me wisdom to know how, Lord (James 1:5).
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 Living Bible (TLB)
17 Always keep on praying. 18 No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
-- Living Bible (TLB). The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
How often and how much should I pray, Lord? Always, without fail, You tell me. How should I pray? With thanksgiving.
Please, teach me how.
Romans 8:25-27 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
25 But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.
26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
-- New American Standard Bible (NASB). Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation.
Lord, my heart and mind is full of so much... so busy... and are a mess. Never mind how I am not sure how to pray for any of it, or what to pray. Holy Spirit, please give me the Words and speak on my behalf.
Psalm 121:1-2 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
A song of ascents.
1 I lift my eyes toward the mountains.
Where will my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
-- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.
Current events and personal life circumstances are rather heavy for me right now. Life is packed with noise, chaos,and busyness in my life and all around. Still me, my emotions, my thoughts, to You alone, my Help. Help me turn my eyes only to You, my Maker.
Now, I will pray each of the 9 Prayer Points over myself and my life.
Then, I will slowly, deliberately pray over each of the previous verses again.
9 Prayer Points for Each of the 10 Daily Prayers
A Worship
B Thanks
C His Will
D Ask: Needs and Wants
E News
F Confession
G Lead and Guide
H Deliver from Evil
I Thanks

2 House
{Note: This is a prayer for our house/home and everyone and everything in it and around it.}
Joshua 24:15 Living Bible (TLB)
15 But if you are unwilling to obey the Lord, then decide today whom you will obey. Will it be the gods of your ancestors beyond the Euphrates or the gods of the Amorites here in this land? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”
-- Living Bible (TLB). The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Lord, help everyone (list them by name) in my home remember this--how we choose today, and have in the past, to serve You. Help us to serve You alone, and nothing and no one else. Help us to know how to make You first and foremost in our lives and to make You the priority in our hearts, minds, and actions, moment by moment. Help us choose You and Your Word. Help us choose to pray 247365.
I will now pray the 9 Prayer Points for the people of my home, the building of my home, the exterior of my home, the guts of my home, the plumbing and electrical, the foundation, etc.
9 Prayer Points for Each of the 10 Daily Prayers
A Worship
B Thanks
C His Will
D Ask: Needs and Wants
E News
F Confession
G Lead and Guide
H Deliver from Evil
I Thanks

3 Family and Friends
I pray these prayers for everyone in my home and all of my family and friends. What I pray for one, I pray for all. Lord, You know who they are. I will pray mainly general prayers over all of them, and then specific prayers for specific people.
1 Samuel 12:23a GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
23 It would be unthinkable for me to sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you.
-- GOD’S WORD Translation (GW). Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group.
I do not want to sin by not praying for those in my life.
I will now pray the 9 Prayer Points for all of them collectively and then one by one.
9 Prayer Points for Each of the 10 Daily Prayers
A Worship
B Thanks
C His Will
D Ask: Needs and Wants
E News
F Confession
G Lead and Guide
H Deliver from Evil
I Thanks

4 Block and Neighborhood
I pray the previous verse for all the houses on my block and around my block, along with my neighborhood.
Leviticus 19:18 Living Bible (TLB)
18 Don’t seek vengeance. Don’t bear a grudge; but love your neighbor as yourself, for I am Jehovah.
-- Living Bible (TLB). The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Lord, teach me to love all of my literal neighbors and every neighbor in my neighborhood. And, may they see You in me. May they learn about Your love though me as Your love is reflected through me. Also, help there be no disagreement or misunderstanding between us. And, if there is, may there be fast and thorough forgiveness by all parties. Let love be my focus, Lord.
I will now pray the 9 Prayer Points for all of them collectively (those all around me, those near me, those I know, and those I don't know) and then I will pray for them one by one.
9 Prayer Points for Each of the 10 Daily Prayers
A Worship
B Thanks
C His Will
D Ask: Needs and Wants
E News
F Confession
G Lead and Guide
H Deliver from Evil
I Thanks

5 City or Town
2 Chronicles 7:13-15 Living Bible (TLB)
13 If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust swarms to eat up all of your crops, or if I send an epidemic among you, 14 then if my people will humble themselves and pray, and search for me, and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear them from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land. 15 I will listen, wide awake, to every prayer made in this place.
-- Living Bible (TLB). The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
I will now pray the 9 Prayer Points for my life first. I need to be the first source of a cleaner and better life of light my city or town. I will also pray this over the churches in my city or town and then over the Christians. I will also prayer the 9 points over the government, law enforcement, police departments, schools and homeschools, businesses, homes, etc.
9 Prayer Points for Each of the 10 Daily Prayers
A Worship
B Thanks
C His Will
D Ask: Needs and Wants
E News
F Confession
G Lead and Guide
H Deliver from Evil
I Thanks

6 Your Church and Denomination
2 Chronicles 7:13-15 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
13 If I close the sky so there is no rain, or if I command the grasshopper to consume the land, or if I send pestilence on My people, 14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land. 15 My eyes will now be open and My ears attentive to prayer from this place.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.
I will now pray the 9 Prayer Points for my church as a whole, then the 9 points for my pastors, then for the staff, then for the classes and studies, then for certain individuals, for the prayer requests of members of my church, and then for my denomination, then for certain churches of the denomination, and then for certain pastors.
9 Prayer Points for Each of the 10 Daily Prayers
A Worship
B Thanks
C His Will
D Ask: Needs and Wants
E News
F Confession
G Lead and Guide
H Deliver from Evil
I Thanks

7 State
2 Chronicles 7:13-15 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
13 I may shut the sky so that there is no rain,
    or command grasshoppers to devour the countryside,
    or send an epidemic among my people.
14 However, if my people, who are called by my name,
    will humble themselves,
    pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways,
        then I will hear their prayer from heaven, forgive their sins,
    and heal their country.
15         My eyes will be open,
            and my ears will pay attention to those prayers at this place.
-- GOD’S WORD Translation (GW). Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group.
I will now pray the 9 Prayer Points for my state as a whole, then for the government, law enforcement, fire departments, schools, homeschools, businesses, counties, cities, and churches.
9 Prayer Points for Each of the 10 Daily Prayers
A Worship
B Thanks
C His Will
D Ask: Needs and Wants
E News
F Confession
G Lead and Guide
H Deliver from Evil
I Thanks

8 Nation
2 Chronicles 7:13-15 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
13 If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, 14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.
-- New American Standard Bible (NASB). Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation.
I will now pray the 9 Prayer Points for my nation.
9 Prayer Points for Each of the 10 Daily Prayers
A Worship
B Thanks
C His Will
D Ask: Needs and Wants
E News
F Confession
G Lead and Guide
H Deliver from Evil
I Thanks

9 The Church as a Whole and All Believers
2 Chronicles 7:13-15 New Century Version (NCV)
13 “I may stop the sky from sending rain. I may command the locusts to destroy the land. I may send sicknesses to my people. 14 Then if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, if they will pray and seek me and stop their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven. I will forgive their sin, and I will heal their land. 15 Now I will see them, and I will listen to the prayers prayed in this place.
-- New Century Version (NCV). The Holy Bible, New Century Version®. Copyright © 2005 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
I will now pray the 9 Prayer Points for the Church as a whole, for all the pastors or leaders, and then for all believers.
9 Prayer Points for Each of the 10 Daily Prayers
A Worship
B Thanks
C His Will
D Ask: Needs and Wants
E News
F Confession
G Lead and Guide
H Deliver from Evil
I Thanks

10 The World
2 Chronicles 7:13-15 New King James Version (NKJV)
13 When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 15 Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place.
-- New King James Version (NKJV). Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
I will now pray the 9 Prayer Points for the world.
9 Prayer Points for Each of the 10 Daily Prayers
A Worship
B Thanks
C His Will
D Ask: Needs and Wants
E News
F Confession
G Lead and Guide
H Deliver from Evil
I Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment