Wednesday, December 3, 2014

TIME WITH GOD AND ADVENT STRUGGLES (PROVERBS 3:5-6)

TIME WITH GOD AND ADVENT STRUGGLES

Written 2014-12-03 09:26:58, Wednesday

ADVENT STRUGGLES

Here it is the third day of December, Advent Day #3, and I have not read one Advent devotional. I have fallen into the traps I tend to repeatedly fall into of busyness and getting sidetracked. Sigh. (Father, forgive me.)

So, I start now. Again. I cannot control what I have done, or haven't done the last two days today, so I will control what I can: Today. My response to today is what I can control. 

I have the following Advent readings I really would like to do each day:
1 Love God Greatly's online Advent/Christmas study (it is found here: http://www.lovegodgreatly.com/category/road-to-christmas/)
2 Ann Voskamp's "THE GREATEST GIFT"
3 Liz Curtis Higgs "THE WOMEN OF CHRISTMAS"
4 The Book of Matthew
5 My own

Not necessarily in that order, let me add. 

I want to do what God wants me to do, when He wants me to do it, and to just be and meditate and pray the Word. I want to soak it all in as Christmas approaches. I do not want to read so much that I fail to grab hold of something specific God wants me to meditate on throughout the day and night. and, I do not want to be too busy to do so, like the last two days. 

So, here is my thought as to what I'm going to do: Every hour, I will look at one of the 5 items I listed above, unless God gives me just one thing He wants me to stick with that day. Then, I will mediate on it, and pray on it, every hour at the very least. 

From Love God Greatly's email today, this verse is what jumped out at me the most. This is where I will stay today. This is why Jesus came. To show me the Way. 

Proverbs 3:5-6 New Living Translation (NLT)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment