Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Mornings and Journaling




Mornings and Journaling

A DAILY BLESSING: HOW BEST TO START THE DAY
My hubby, B, and I started something new last week and I am really enjoying it. He sits down with me, and a cup of coffee, for about half an hour in the morning before he rushes off to work and I rush to my journal. Sure. Most mornings, we might sit there and not say much as we are both sleepy and trying to wake up, but that doesn't matter. We have time with our best friend before the day gets crazy and the world puts its demands on us. We capture a moment to just hang out together and be. It's been delightful. (Huh. I should share this with him. I will tonight.)

It's so easy to make the mad dash to work. It's nice to realize you can claim a moment of serenity before the hustle and bustle of the day. This time of serenity with your best friend, just hanging out, sets the course and tone for the rest of the day. What a blessing. 

Now, the same goes with God and time with Him. Your drive to work, and from work, is your opportunity to shut off all the noise and be with Him and hang out with your bestest friend of all. If you stay home, like I do, take the same amount of time it takes your spouse to go to work (at least) and hang out with the Lord.

What a blessing.

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS
Let me repeat: Count your blessings. What are you thankful for? This is simply the best way to start, continue, and finish your day.

After you've had time with the two most important ones in your life, it's time to pick up your journal and count your blessings.

Every morning, count the following blessings:
1 3 blessings from yesterday
2 3 blessings you expect today
3 3 blessings from memories of your past
4 3 blessings you hope of your future
Of course, count more than that. This is a minimum.

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment