Thursday, August 7, 2014

Blessings Journal and Counting My Blessings




Blessings Journal and Counting My Blessings (2014-08-05 08:25:51, Tuesday--Aug. 5)

I am thankful and grateful for:

1 Life. God has allowed me to live for almost four decades. Why? He has a purpose for me. What is His purpose for me? It's to bring Him glory through only the way I can. He has equipped me and made me the way I am because it is how He wants to be glorified through me. Glory means to see God, His character and nature, and His works (what He is doing). It's proof He exists. 

2 The next four+ decades to bring Him more glory and live His purpose.

3 Today. He has a purpose for me to fulfill His purpose and bring Him glory today. It is a gift. I get to spend today the best way possible, it's through hanging out with Him and showing Christ through me, how I act and behave and respond, what I say, what I think, my emotions, and in and through my journaling.

4 Yesterday, I am thankful for starting a new blog on journaling.

5 Yesterday, I am grateful for starting a new journaling and blog post series for the next thirteen months or so of: "The Blessing of Turning Forty: The Decades Journaling Project and Memoir."

6 Yesterday, August 04, I am blessed because I realized how as much as I try to ignore it,forget about, or try something new or different, God keeps bringing me back to counting my blessings. Thank You, Lord. 

7 How I learned a long time ago how blessings are not just for the good things in life. A blessing is found in every moment of every day, whether it is a good, tough, or indifferent moment. 

8 My good health.

9 My critters: Zack Beagle, Sinan Maine Coon Orange fluffy cat, Shelly and Harry RES aquatic turtles (Red Earred Slider). 

10 Clean turtle tanks and cat boxes.

11 Vacation coming up.

12 My family while growing up.

13 How the sun rises and sets each day, and so does the moon.

14 For my life experience. 

15 How I can help use my life experience to help others as they live their own. 

16 My faith and salvation. I have no idea how anyone lives a single day, never mind hour, without faith.

17 My journal and journaling. Now, 18 Yesterday, and 19 in the future.

20 Snuggling Beagles.

21 The sound of the water filter in Harry's turtle tank, in our family room, as I sit on our couch. The sound is so relaxing.

22 Journaling as I sit on our extra comfy couch.

23 My Amazon Kindle Fire + the internet so I can journal as I sit on our comfy couch.

24 Cats who curl up on chair and look like a fox. 

25 Doctors and medicine.

26 A new day.

27 Penzu for my online journal and journaling.

28 My hubby, B.

29 My marriage.

30 That B is my best friend.

31 How B understands, or at least tries to, how important journaling is to me and he does what he can to give me the time and tools I need to journal. 

32 Coffee.

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC 2014.)

No comments:

Post a Comment