Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Another Prayer for Focus, Purpose, and Clarity





Another Prayer for Focus, Purpose, and Clarity

Lord, I keep trying this, doing that. What do YOU want me to do? Really, truly.

I keep running ahead and I stop listening to You. I leave You in the dust of my excitement for my latest fancy or whim. I’m tired of short-lived stuff. I keep saying I really do want to do Your will alone. Help me to actually live it.

Lord, forgive me for doing the things I mentioned above. I realize I keep getting sidetracked and busy. These are my two thorns I need to battle against so I can focus on a life focused on You and Your Word alone.

Lord, guide me. What DO You want me to do and how do You want me to be? I realize it’s important to do and be—not just one or the other, but both simultaneously. This is the well-balanced life.

What is Your purpose for me in this moment? I keep trying to ask to see the overall purpose. This is wrong. My purposes can change moment by moment, when and if I am open to You. So, help me live moment by moment in Your purpose.

That being said, though, I know there are some long-term purposes. Help give me clarity and let me know what they are in my life, which is really a life for You. It’s Yours.

What do You want me to do? How do You want me to be with You? I ask You both of these questions for this moment and every moment today and tomorrow.

Guide me, Abba. Help me hear You and to respond immediately and accordingly.

To You be all the glory.

I love You so.

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease 2010-2014.)

No comments:

Post a Comment