Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Priorities as a Writer



As a writer of Inspirational American Historical Ancestry Romance Fiction, I cannot help but realize how critical it is to take care of my body (the temple of God) so that I am able to write. The healthier I am in body, mind, heart, and spirit, the better writing I have the potential to do. However, it is absolutely essential for me to constantly polish my craft as well.
 
So, how do I do it all? Is it even possible?
 
The most important thing I can do is establish my priorities (in priority order).
 
My priorities are:
~ God, prayer, and Bible study
~ Eating Healthy (I am in the process of losing weight and eating healthy since I am hypoglycemic--which means low carb, high fiber and protein).
~ Exercise. I am a runner. In March 2012, I was not one. I never ran before in my life (unless it was raining and I did not want to get wet--or if chased.)
~ My husband
~ Writing my fiction books
~ Writing my blog posts
~ Writing my writing devotional
~ Learning and honing my craft.
 
My priorities have not been in the proper order lately. I have decided today, it changes. Also, I am going to make sure to study my craft through reading books and applying on a more intentional level. I want to devote at least ten hours per week to learning.
 
I also have decided to write at a pace of 2,000 words a day so I can get more of all of the above done--and not feel guilty for doing so.
 
Now, it is time for the healthy eating thing while I go cook dinner. Then, I will study some more and get a little more writing done on book 1: FAITH AND JAMESTOWN before I turn in for the evening. (Hmm. That sounds to me like coffee is necessary as well.)

(Photo Credit: Microsoft Images Online.)
 
Stacy Duplease
Historical Fiction Writer of:
Inspirational American Historical Ancestry Romance Fiction
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Family Treez USA
         
 


No comments:

Post a Comment