Friday, November 18, 2011

What do you do when God is loud?: Review Friday

What do you do when God hits you in the middle of the forehead with a 2 x 4?

Okay, that's not at all what he does. It can sure feel like it at times, however.

Let me rephrase the question. But, before I do, grab your journal workbook (you can also call it a notebook, a prayer journal, or answer guide, by the way). 

286 QTP What do you do when God gets your attention in such a way you have no choice but to listen and you have no doubt whatsoever it is him?

I am sure you are wondering where I am going with this train of thought and why. You can rest assured everything I say in this blog and Bible study ahs a reason and a purpose. The timing might appear to be suspect and questionable, but everything has been planned out very carefully. The timing and subject matter are thought through carefully. 

Why do I bring up how at times God can be quite loud when he seeks our attention? It's because today is Review Friday. 

Last night, I started to prepare for my review today and God got quite loud with me. He got my attention. I felt uncomfortable with what I learned, but I felt peace because my daddy loves me enough to help me see where I have stumbled. Then, he picks me up, helps me dust off my backside, and he takes my hand for us to start again. He does not hold it against me--if I sincerely confess and repent. 

So, remember this. If God is loud and gets your attention... It's because he seeks a closer relationship with you. When you hear to what he says, confess, repent, and apply, life is so much sweeter. We live far more freely without those chains tying and weighing us down. 

287 QTP When was the last time God was loud with you and hit you over the head with something you eneded to hear--so you could confess, repent, and apply? 

288 When did that happen?

289 What was the result?

290 How are you listening to God today? 

291 What is God saying to you now?

292 What are you saying to God?

293 What do you plan on applying to your life what you have learned from this lesson? Give three examples at least:
A
B
C

Stacy Duplease
Bible Study Writer & Blogger
A Loyal Faith

Find my books at/store: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/hisfiction 

No comments:

Post a Comment