Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A Journaling Odyssey Memoir: My Life Story (#3)




This is my story. I hope it inspires you to capture your life on the page and to journal for yourself (and those closest to you).
I will turn the blog posts of my story into a book at the end of the year and in six month segments thereafter.
WORKING TITLE:
A Journaling Odyssey: The inspirational story and memoir of a journal keeper
YEARS IN THE MAKING
Ever since I can remember, I have journaled and I have wanted to write my story. Therefore, this memoir and life story is one that's been years in the making. The truth is that I can write from several angles in my life since a great deal has happened to me. Therefore, I will write about each of those angles one book at a time. What I mean my an 'angle' is a 'theme' in my life. I have decided not to share my story in a linear fashion, but with topics or angles that are a repeated theme in my life. That way, you can pick and choose what you want to read and what you think you might get the most out of and enjoy.
In case you're wondering if I have enough material to write several books based off my life experience, let me share a story with you.
One day eleven years ago, my Granny said after the latest life challenge I faced, "Dear, few my age have the life experience you do and you're only thirty."
'Ouch', was what I thought then and now. Nevertheless, I couldn't argue with her at the time and with what I have experienced since, I think the same statement from Granny still applies. You will get a sample of my stories in this first book and I will expand upon them in books hereafter.

THE THEME OF JOURNAL KEEPER
The theme of me being a journal keeper is consistent and is all-encompassing regarding my life. If you ever think of me, or try to picture me, picture a brunette using her tablet for her journaling in one hand and with a cup of coffee or tea in the other. This is what I do most of my time, after all. My head is usually angled downward as I do my mind wandering journaling, then as I follow it to something deeper.
Journal keeping is also part of who I am, as I mentioned earlier. I am a journal keeper pure and simple. Who am I? I am a journal keeper. What do I do? I journal.
I am single-minded and journaling is what I focus on most. This is why I will focus the theme of this series of blog posts on "A Journaling Odyssey: The inspirational story and memoir of a journal keeper."
Few activities bring my life more fulfillment or pleasure than journaling. Bible reading, Bible study, and prayer would be the only things that bring me a little more enjoyment.
When I get think of the theme of journal keeping in my life, I cannot help but chuckle a little. Nothing defines me more. It is who I am through and through. I am a journal keeper.
I also chuckle because for a while it was my goal to intentionally write the largest resource in the world about journaling. I think you will see how I have already succeeded, once I publish: "A JOURNALING ODYSSEY HANDBOOK 2016: A JOURNALING HOW-TO OF JOURNALING TIPS AND PROMPTS." However, in my blog, "A JOURNALING ODYSSEY," and in this memoir I will only add more material and will add more material each day. Therefore, this resource will only grow larger.
WHAT YOU CAN GET OUT OF THIS BLOG AND MEMOIR
Do you like to hear stories or read them... the personal stories kind?
Do you want to journal?
Do you already journal?
Do you want to leave a legacy?
Do you want to live a different kind of life--one less shallow and busy and live a life that is deeper and is full of meaning and gratitude?
Do you want to be inspired?
Do you want to look at yourself, the world, and everyone around you differently?
Do you want to want to live a purposeful and intentional life?
Do you want to live a life of meaning?
Do you want to learn about history?
Do you want to heal from a hurt?
Do you want to be more creative?
Do you want to stop taking people, things, and events for granted?
Do you want to capture the memories of a loved one who has died or will die and you dint want to forget them?
Do you want to learn the lessons of your life and apply them from your life?
Do you want to move forward as you remember the past but don't live there?
Do you want to count your blessings?
Do you want to live a life of satisfaction?
Do you want to live an examined life (one thought through)?
These are just a few reasons to read this blog or book. They are also some of the reasons for you to journal.
If I were you, I would wonder how can a blog post series, which will be turned into a memoir, do one of these things, let alone all of them. This is a blog post series about me being a journal keeper... sure. But, it is far more than that.
Now, I guess you are going to have to read all of the blog posts in this series to see if any or all of these claims is/are true.

JOURNALING TIPS AND LIFE PROMPTS ARE INCLUDED
I will include journaling tips and prompts in this blog post series. Therefore, you can get even more out of this blog post series and book. I will include them throughout each blog post and at the end, so make sure to read each blog post thoroughly.

A JOURNALING PROMPT
How would you define yourself?
Who are you?
What makes you tick?

JOURNALING MAKES ME TICK
When I think about what makes me tick, I picture the brunette with a tablet (a handheld computer) in one hand and coffee or tea in the other. When flashes of images of my life since I turned eighteen (twenty-three years ago), this is what I see most. Both have been my priority, after all. Coffee/tea and journaling are two pleasures in my life and I value each.
Journaling makes me tick because so much of this life is shallow living. Journaling invites me to go deeper and doesn't criticize me or look at me like I am strange if I do.
Journaling makes me tick because I use it as a spiritual practice. It brings me closer to the Lord and is how I speak to Him.
Journaling makes me tick because it has no rules and is one thing in this life that brings me total freedom. I can journal what I want, when I want, how I want.
Journaling makes me live a better life and makes me a better person, for it brings proper perspective.
Moreover, journaling helps me remember. I write about memories of the past, my life now, and where I hope life takes me in my journal.
There are several reasons journaling makes me tick, but this is a good start.

A JOURNALING PROMPT
Who you want to remember?Journal about them.

{Written on October 19, 2015, Monday, afternoon}

My Personal Mind Wandering Journaling and Journaling Prompts (#3b)

{Written on October 19, 2015, Monday, in the late afternoon, in my study}

JOURNALING PROMPT
I wrote these questions for myself, but I bet you can use them as well. This began as a personal mind wandering entry and it morphed from there. It is something I will use and I hope you will as well.
Each line and each question is a separate journaling prompt.
I need to ask myself who, what, where, when, why, how, what-if, and why not questions regarding my journaling (7 w's and an h questions).
I need to ask myself 7 w's and an h questions regarding my life.
I need to ask myself 7 w's and an h questions regarding each decade of my journaling life.
I need to ask myself 7 w's and an h questions regarding each five year period of my journaling life.
I need to ask myself 7 w's and an h questions regarding each year of my journaling life.
I need to ask myself 7 w's and an h questions regarding the last year and a month of my journaling life.
I journal to leave a legacy journal to remember.
What memories do I have of journaling?
I need to ask myself who, what, where, when, why, how, what-if, and why not questions regarding my journals (7 w's and an h questions).
I need to make lists about the memories of me journaling and my journals.
What is my ideal journal?
What is my ideal journaling?
What do I hope to get out of my journaling? This Week? This month? Over the next three months? The next six months? The next nine months? The next year? The next two years? Each year until a decade from now? Each decade?
How would I define journaling?
How would I define a journal?
How would I define my personal journaling?
What could journaling mean to me?
What does journaling mean to me?
What is my purpose for journaling?
I hope my journaling...

No comments:

Post a Comment