Friday, September 14, 2012

News, Research, and Head Shakers



First of all, Happy Friday to all.
 
I wanted to check in and tell you how my research, planning, and outlining of the next book in the Family Treez of the USA Series is going. My last blog post, I shared how I found a relative who, with his 11 sons, served in the American Revolutionary War. It is rather remarkable the possibilities this brings. I have not been able to find absolute specific information about any of them, but have found a few nuggets or two. The rest will have to be me filling in the gaps and storyline through asking "What-if" questions, and make sure the stories measures up to the times.
 
However, what I have found have been massive surprises and change my outlook of the Family Treez of the USA Series. Here's some of what I have found:
~ I have at least two ancestors that trace back to the Mayflower. WHO KNEW?
~ There is a city nearby to where I live, Tabb. And there is a street I pass from time to time: Bland. Both are relatives. Again, WHO KNEW?
~ I found my Yorktown connection.
~ I also found several family members who were in the War of 1812.
~ This family line actually traces to other family lines I already knew about and also traces back to those from Jamestown. (So, sometime, I will write enough of the Jamestown Series to catch up from then to the American Revolutionary War times.)
~ Etc. Etc. Etc. (I have to keep some secrets, you know. Lol.)
 
There was a time I wanted to write a series that covered EVERY battle of the American Revolutionary War. Through this family line, I can. Every battle. After all, if there are gaps in my family history, where I cannot find records... I can take the liberty and put my family members, or someone close to them, there at every battle.
 
Now, I cannot help but wonder if I need to write a Mayflower and War of 1812 Series as well. Huh. Now that I am thinking aloud, and onto the page, I think those are more important than the Tower Series I have planned.
 
Huh. Something else just hit me. I have several other family members who were in Plymouth just shortly after the Mayflower. But, until yesterday, I found none from the Mayflower. So, I can actually call it the Plymouth series rather than the Mayflower series. Hmm... (This is how I write. I do stream of consciousness (SOC) writing and start asking questions and thinking of possibilities--and viola! I get ideas and a storyline. But, I digress. I really should get back to working on the American Revolutionary Book. I am still in the researching process. Then, I will plan and outline.
 
Wait a minute. Here is the order of the series I am going to write for the Family Treez of the USA:
* Jamestown: Books 1, 7, 13, 19...
* American Revolutionary War: Books 2, 8, 14, 20...
* Civil War: Books 3, 9, 15, 21...
* Plymouth: Books 4, 10, 16, 22...
* War of 1812: Books 5, 11, 17, 23...
* The Tower (The Plantagenets and Tudors): Books 6, 12, 18, 24...

(Image Credit: Microsoft Images Online.)
 
Stacy Duplease
Historical Fiction Writer of:
Inspirational American Historical Ancestry Romance Fiction
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Family Treez USA

No comments:

Post a Comment