Thursday, April 21, 2016

Praying Through Psalm 1, Part 1



Note:
Today will be the first blog post of actually Praying Through the Bible. I hand wrote this post a couple of days ago and my life has not been the same since. It’s quite a lengthy prayer. I guess we will see if it is one blog post or two. Time will tell. The prayer journaling I hand wrote was over eleven pages long, but I may add to it as I type it up on my computer. We shall see. Time will tell.

Prayer:
Lord, I just read all the way through Psalm so I could familiarize myself with the Psalm again. The initial reading made me a little weepy as I realized, Father, how it was the perfect chapter to start praying through. I realize now how You have really given me my purpose. My purpose for living in general. My purpose for my prayer, Bible reading and study, giving thanks, life in general, my prayer journaling, my blogging, my writing. It is praying through the Bible, no doubt.

I also realize how you have given me this purpose all along, or at least since I was nineteen years old, and here we are over two decades later and I see it come around full circle. This was why You made me. I am to pray through the Bible and share my journey as I do so. What I share on my blog, and later in book form, can inspire others to pray the bible for themselves by using these blog posts as a stepping off point.

Amazing, Lord. Simply amazing.

I cannot wait to create on my blog the Praying Through the Bible resource of every chapter, ever verse of the Bible in time. It will also be a resource on prayer in general. The blog, in time, will also be able to be used as a Bible reading and Bible study resource, as well as a daily devotional. In short, it is everything You ever put into my heart spiritually and professionally rolled up into one—and Psalm 1 is the perfect stepping off point. Thank You, Lord.

What an answer to prayer, God, You showing me how everything through my life has come together to bring me to this point. To You be the glory forever and ever. For, this is all about You and is not about me. If it were left to me, I would still be shriveled up in a corner twiddling my thumbs, trying to figure out how to heal from my hurts and fix my writing. Thank You for working in me, through me, and around me up to this point and I cannot wait to see where You take me and us (readers of the blog) on this journey.

I was made for this, Lord. I can see that now. Then again, looking back on this a couple of days later, I can honestly say I believe wholeheartedly every single human being on the planet was made for this. Thank You for opening my eyes to this.

Last night, Lord, I shared Your vision of my personal prayer journaling being typed up and turned into a blog post, and the blog posts then being turned into a book over time to my husband. He got a faraway look for a moment and said, “This truly is. I will do everything I can to support you so you can fulfill the vision God has in your life.” And, bless his soul, I know he meant every word. Thank You, Lord, for such a fine husband, and for confirming things through him.

April 19th was Day 1 for me in my personal prayer journal, but April 20th was the first blog post. Therefore, this will be the anniversary date, Lord. I look forward to looking back in a week, in a month, every three months, and over a year and see what all I/we have prayed through. I am pretty sure it will be absolutely amazing, Father.

Oh, dear, Lord. This blog post, as I pray through Psalm 1 again as I type, is growing by the second and I am afraid I have been quite babbly in prayer. I would say forgive me, but I am pretty confident You would rather have me babble for a minute or two than be silent for a minute or two.

Lord, verse 2 shows how I avoid verse 1. I have always wondered how it is possible to meditate on the Word night and day (verse 2), pray without ceasing (Philippians 4:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:17), and always be thankful (give thanks, 1 Thessalonians 5:18)—at the same time. Now I know how. It is by praying through the Bible every day, all night and day long.

Abba, how should I proceed? Should I pray one book at a time? Should I pray one chapter or one verse at a time? I am, obviously starting with Psalms. Wait. Or, am I? I will hush and will follow Your lead as to what I pray through in Your Word next. Lead me, Father. Help me hear You every clearly as to what to do and when, and how and what to pray. But, first, I should get back to Psalm 1, Lord.

I just read through Psalm 1 again.

Your Word seems to ask: Want joy? (Joy is found in verse 1.) Then, do verse 2. Want delight? Verse 2 is also the answer. Want both joy and delight? Verse 2 is still the answer. Do you want to learn how to have true joy and true, absolute delight in the Holy Bible? See verse 2. If we meditate on the Word of God, the Holy Bible, Lord, and do so night and day, we will have joy and will then develop delight in the Bible. But, neither joy or delight develop until then… until we meditate, ponder, contemplate, think on, and pray through the Bible morning, noon, and night.

God, I cannot help but think how if I am praying through the Holy Bible all night and day, it becomes harder to be tempted and sin. It makes it difficult to live a sinful lifestyle of Psalm 1:1. See, Lord. I am liking the sound of that already.

Verse 3 is the answer to prayer and is an answer in advance, ahead of time. If we pray through the Bible morning, noon, afternoon, evening, and night… then verse 3. Then, we will be like trees which are planted by the bank of a river… never of need. Never thirsty. Thriving. Tall. Wide. Built up. Strong. Wow. Weepy again. This is what Your Word offers. Thank You Lord.

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment