Thursday, November 6, 2014

BLESSINGS AND THIS TIME OF YEAR: BLESSINGS COUNTED CHALLENGES

BLESSINGS AND THIS TIME OF YEAR: BLESSINGS COUNTED CHALLENGES

Written 2014-11-06 07:13:21, Thursday

A REFLECTIVE TIME OF YEAR 
I do not know about you, but this time of year makes me reflective as I think of the past year and look forward to the next year. It makes me want to remember what has happened this year and plan for next year. One of the ways I remember the last year is through counting my blessings for the last year and giving thanks for them.

This time of year brings the opportunity to focus on how fortunate I have been this year and not focus on all of the poor-me storms and challenged times. Rather, I look at the storms and challenges and find at least three blessings in each. This is by far a better way to live. Focusing on nothing but what I perceive as the negative, guess what, makes my life negative. I do not want to be that type. Life throws enough curve balls without me adding to the count. I would rather focus on blessing, for it is far more effective and brings joy into my life. 

Let me explain it another way: I try to make my gaze focus on the sunshine (blessing), not on the storm (life challenges). 

I also try to remember every moment I can from the last year, and find at least three blessings in each moment. In other words, it is my goal to take stock and count as many blessings as I can from the last year. I ask myself: "What blessings have I been given this year? And, I start to add to my Counted Blessings List. 

Every day, I try to count a bare minimum of four blessings--AND I write them down on the page so I can remember them for the rest of my life. 

END OF YEAR BLESSINGS COUNTED CHALLENGE
At this time of year, I aim for a daily minimum of 10 between November 01 and the end of the year (December 31).

The truth is, I'm getting a late start. So, I still make sure to count the blessings from the days I've missed as well. 

Today is November 06. Consequently, by the end of today, I want to have a list of at least 60 blessings. 

Care to join me and do the same yourself?

If we count a minimum of 10 blessings per day between November 01 and December 31, then we will have counted a total of 610 blessings when completed. What a way to end the year. Talk about ending the year with a bang. It would be quite powerful, that is for sure.

Again, I ask: Will you join me? (If so, please attach a comment at the end of any blog post and let me know. Let's encourage one another and hold each other accountable to this endeavor.) 

A THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS COUNTED CHALLENGE
Now, for those of us who want to get a little crazy, do you want to see how many blessings we can count between now and Thanksgiving?

Our goal was 10 per day between November 01 and December 31. Let's still do that. But, between now and Thanksgiving, let's count 20 or 25 each day. This is the Thanksgiving Challenge. (This includes the moment you get out of bed on Thanksgiving counting 20 or 25 blessings as well.)

Thanksgiving is in 21 days. So, from my math, 20 x 21 = 420. Or, 25 x 21 = 525. 

I rather like the sound of that. It will give me a chance to reflect on the past year, remember the moments, and appreciate the blessings found in each. 

Would you care to join me? (If so, please attach a comment at the end of any blog post and let me know. Let's encourage one another and hold each otehr accountable to this endeavor.) 

Let's do both the END OF YEAR BLESSINGS COUNTED CHALLENGE and the THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS COUNTED CHALLENGE and close this year out the best way possible--by counting our blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment