Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Day 1 An Introduction and Explanation (A Life of Thanks in America)



Life has a way of steering us in the direction it chooses for us. Rarely, if ever, do things happen how we want them and when we want them. We have a choice to embrace where it leads or buck and complain or fret.

This new series of 365 blog posts is a prime example of this phenomenon and is my attempt to make the best of this new path in my life and in my writing and spiritual life more specifically.

Current events, among other words things, has led to my great frustration with the USA and with the people of the nation, including the government and Church, never mind the citizens thereof. And, these current events and other frustrations have forced me to look within. After all, I think it is imperative to look at self first and analyze and change self before I ever ask that of others.

The bottom line is this: I want to live a life of thanks through every situation and I believe if everyone did the same, this world would be a drastically different place.

This first round of 365 blog posts will be of my thankfulness for America the Beautiful, in the past, present, and future.

I use the phrase of America the Beautiful intentionally, for she is. I think we all have forgotten the beauty of this land and nation, and if we remembered it, this country would change and become truly America the Beautiful once again.

Would you care to join me on the journey of learning to live a life of thanks and finding the blessings in the United States? That's what the next 365 blog posts in this series will have as it's focus. After all, we are truly blessed as Americans.

Working title of a new blog post series:
A Life of Thanks: The Blessings of Life in America Since 1607

Journaling and Devotional Thoughts:
List at least 5 things you are thankful for.
Do you live a life of thanks?
Do you live a life of thanks every moment?
Do you want to do so?
Are you thankful for America? How and how not?
What makes the United States of America beautiful?
List at least five more things you are grateful for.

Blessings,
--Stacy Duplease
Email:
agodlyvision@gmail.com
rememberingyourpresent@gmail.com
Blogs:
http://rypstories.blogspot.com
Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HDX Tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment