Monday, November 17, 2014

HOW THINGS REMAIN THE SAME

HOW THINGS REMAIN THE SAME

Written 2014-11-16 12:39:35, Sunday

I have decided in the last week to dedicate my time in the Word for a significant time in the future, to studying the life and writings of Paul. I want to become an authority on each. Hence, I've started to do research on Paul, his life, his writings, and his death.

It is not known for sure how or where Paul died. It is believed he was beheaded in Rome for his belief and teachings about Jesus Christ. He was executed because people disagreed with him. 

This is disturbing. 

People wanted to force him to believe what they believed. They thought they knew more than him. Furthermore, they thought they knew what was best for him and that they should think for him. 

Do you hear how wrong that is? This gets me wound up and I have a great deal to say about that. However, I then stop and think. Isn't this what people in the United States, and all over the world, think about Christians today? And, isn't this what we have allowed as Christians through not wanting to offend? Through refusing to take a stand? Through not living the Word?

Wait a minute. 

Beheadings by a blade.

No. Things haven't gotten worse. They also haven't gotten better. 

Ecclesiastes 1:9 Expanded Bible (EXB)

·All things continue the way they have been since the beginning [L Whatever is will be again].
    What has happened will happen again;
    there is nothing new ·here on earth [L under the sun; v. 3].
Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

I researched Paul's death yesterday and I spent some time on this and got upset because of what I re-learned. People disagree, so they decide they want to murder another because of their beliefs. Murder. Not agree to disagree. Murder. Behead. Execute. For just a disagreement. 

I thought we learned in kindergarten how to get along and how to properly settle disagreements. Needless to say, when I went to bed lasted night, this went through my mind... Beheaded for a disagreement. Murdered because they did not know how to reason or the honk logically. 

Then, at four this morning, cell chirped, which let me know I had either a text or a notification of some kind. Was it weather related? I wondered. I debated on ignoring it, but what if someone had an emergency of some type? Ugh. So, I looked at my phone and saw this: 
 

You don't need to open the link, unless you want. You can see what it's about just by reading the verbiage of the link. 

Kassig converted to Islam when in captivity and they still murdered him. He was American. 

They killed one of their own because of a disagreement. 

What amazes me is how Christians aren't talking about this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment